The School hosted seven lectures during its 2015 Centennial year in recognition of both the School and the Milbank Memorial Fund's long tradition of forward looking public health initiatives.
- Mitchell H. Gail, MD, PhD, Senior Investigator, Biostatistics Branch, NIH, NCI
"Risk Models, Risk-Benefit and Personalized Medicine"
4:15 pm, February 3, Winslow Auditorium
- Harold Jaffe, MD, MA, Associate Director of Science, CDC
“Learning from the Early HIV/AIDS Epidemic”
Noon, April 9, Winslow Auditorium - Read about the talk
- Pia Britto, PhD, UNICEF, "Early Child Health and Development in the Context of the Sustainable Goals Era"
4:30 pm, April 22, Winslow Auditorium - Read about the talk
- Lynn Goldman, MD, MS, MPH, Dean of Public Health, George Washington University
"What Can We Do to Address the Health Impacts of Global Climate Change"
Noon, September 9, Winslow Auditorium - Read about the talk
- Vivek Murthy, MD, MBA, U.S. Surgeon General
"Public Health Challenges and Opportunities in the 21st Century: Putting Research and Policy into Practice"
11:30 a.m., September 16, Winslow Auditorium - Read about the talk - Watch the Video
- Ana Diez Roux, MD, PhD, MPH, Dean, The Dornsife School of Public Health at Drexel University; & Distinguished University Professor of Epidemiology
"Population Health and the Social Determinants of Health: Evidence and Future Directions"
12:30 p.m., October 15, Winslow Auditorium - Read about the talk
- George Howard, DrPH, Professor, University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Public Health
"Seeking the Causes of Racial (and Geographic) Disparities in Stroke Mortality"
Noon, December 3, Winslow Auditorium - Read about the talk
The Milbank Memorial Fund is an endowed operating foundation that works to improve the health of populations by connecting leaders and decision makers with the best available evidence and experience. Founded in 1905, the Fund engages in nonpartisan analysis, collaboration, and communication on significant issues in health policy. It does this work in three ways: publishing high-quality, evidence-based reports, books, and The Milbank Quarterly, a peer-reviewed journal of population health and health policy; convening state health policy decision makers on issues they identify as important to population health; and building communities of health policymakers to enhance their effectiveness. www.milbank.org.