International Citizens - Tuition and Financial Resources

Phelps Gate in the Snow
2017-2018Fall & Spring TermsAP MPH Summer Term**
Tuition $43,500 $10,875
Program Fee New Students $495 
Program Fee Continuing Students $395 
Estimated Room & Board $15,060 $3,313
Health Insurance* $2,264 $182
Course Materials & copy fees $1,100 $400
Personal Expenses $4,085 $1,348
Total Cost to Attend New Student $66,504 $16,118
Total Cost to Attend Continuing Student $66,404 
*2016-2017 costs, 2017-2018 costs will be published as soon as they are available in late spring.**Not federal loan eligible
Funding your education

Funding your education

International Citizens attending the Yale School of Public Health students use a variety of resources to pay for their education:

Scholarships and Grants

Who is Eligible: All applicants are considered for merit scholarships.

How to Apply: No separate application is required, but we recommend you review the YSPH Grants and Scholarships to ensure you highlight any relevant skills or experience in your admissions application.


All students are encouraged to seek funding sources from their employer, alma mater, organizations with which they are affiliated, and via web site searches. See the Grants and Scholarships page for more information on searching for non-Yale resources.

Students who receive a full tuition scholarship are not eligible for the YSPH Grant. Students must inform the Financial Aid Office of any outside support, as awards may need to be revised.

Leverage your savings

The Fall Term Bill is published July 1 and is due August 1. The Spring Term bill is published November 1 and is due December 1. Statements are issued monthly through Ebill/Epay to show transactions on the account. Most students make online payments using a U.S. checking account.
Using the Yale Payment Plan, all students may divide all or part of the year’s bill into 10 monthly payments starting June 1. Semester plans are also available; the cost is $100 per contract.

Working on Campus

  • Campus Jobs
  • Teaching Fellowships
  • Research Assistant Jobs
    • There are research projects that are in need of a research assistant. We suggest you begin your search for a research assistant position by asking your faculty advisor for suggestions. There are also many positions posted on the Student Employment website.


  • International students sometimes qualify for loans from their home country.  You should research those options independently since they vary in availability and terms from country to country. 
  • All students may be eligible for private loans, but international citizens may require a credit-worthy US cosigner to obtain a private loan.  Please select “International” when you view our historical lender list through ELM for the options that may be most relevant to you.  
We’d be happy to sit down and make an individual funding plan once you receive notification of your financial aid eligibility. To schedule an appointment, email
Farkas Headshot

We realize your Public Health education at Yale is an investment. I’m here to make sure you have a plan for your expenses, and help you see how your investment in a Yale degree will help you reach your goals.
— Jen Farkas
YSPH Director of Financial Aid
 Phone: (203) 785-5417