This innovative program, the first of its kind in the United States, enables qualified applicants to earn an MBA and an MPH in just 22 months through intensive study at the Yale School of Public Health (YSPH) and the Yale School of Management (SOM).
Joint degree candidates must apply to and be accepted by each program. Please contact admissions offices at both programs to learn about admissions requirements and deadlines. Joint degree students must fulfill degree requirements for both programs. YSPH students are required to complete a minimum of 15 course units towards the MPH degree. Advisors from the respective schools will assist students with mapping curriculum. Please contact our office for further details.
The Yale School of Public Health offers the following joint degree programs in collaboration with other Yale graduate schools:
- Divinity - MDIV/MPH and MAR/MPH
- Forestry and Environmental Studies - MF/MPH, MFS/MPH, MESC/MPH, MEM/MPH
- Law - JD/MPH
- Management - MBA/MPH
- Medicine - MD/MPH (Please see the Advanced Professional MPH)
- Nursing – MSN/MPH
- Physician Associate – MMSC/MPH
- The MacMillan Center - MA/MPH
- International and Development Economics - MA/MPH
- Jackson Institute for Global Affairs – MA/MPH
The BA-BS/MPH Program offers Yale College students the opportunity to earn a Bachelor’s degree from Yale and MPH degree from the Yale School of Public Health in a five year joint degree program. Candidates for this program follow a separate application process during their junior year at Yale College.