Financial assistance is provided to all PhD students in the form of YSPH Fellowships, Teaching Fellowships, Traineeships, and Research Assistantships. All admitted PhD students are guaranteed four years of 12-month stipend and tuition support. In addition to grants and fellowships for tuition and living costs, students receive a Health Award, which covers the full cost of single-student Yale Health Plan Hospitalization/Specialty Coverage.
Some of the sources of funding for PhD students within Public Health are:
- Climate Change and Health
- The Center for Interdisciplinary Research on AIDS Pre-Doctoral Training Program funded by NIMH
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality Training Program in Health Services Research
- Pre-Doctoral Fellowships in Modeling and Cancer Epidemiology for Israeli Citizens
- YSPH Fellowships
- Faculty Research Grants (varies by faculty)