Advanced Professional MPH and joint MBA/MPH students start their core courses in the Summer Session.
A Unique Opportunity
The Advanced Professional MPH Program provides a unique opportunity to complete our MPH program in just 11 months. We offer this program to individuals who have significant experience and/or an advanced degree in a field related to public health. Qualified individuals will have one of the following combinations of education and experience:
- A doctoral (or international equivalent) degree in a field related to public health (e.g., physicians, dentists, podiatrists, pharmacists, veterinarians, attorneys, and those with a doctorate in the biological, behavioral, or social sciences)
- A master’s degree and at least 2 years of relevant work experience
- A bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years of relevant work experience
- Completion of the third year at an accredited medical, dental, or podiatric school in the United States.
The program begins with an intensive 7-week summer session in July-August, followed by two full-time semesters of study. Students concentrate in one of six tracks:
- Applied Biostatistics and Epidemiology
- Social and Behavioral Sciences
- Health Policy
- Global Health
- Preventive Medicine
- Occupational and Environmental Medicine.
After completing the 7-week summer session, students may choose to complete the remainder of the program on a part-time basis. All requirements must be completed within 3 years of the date of matriculation.
My Future with a Yale MPH Degree
Students can enter the program to gain skills in the public health sciences and to prepare for careers in a variety of settings, including academia; local, national, or international public health agencies; industry; and nonprofit foundations and research organizations. At Yale, we strive to ensure the highest possible return on the investment our students make in us. As you search for the right public health program, consider not only the atmosphere and culture of the institution you choose, but how the return of that investment will impact your future, and the future of the people you will ultimately impact.
The Yale MD/MPH Program
Applicants for the Yale MD/MPH Program must be currently enrolled in the Yale School of Medicine. Yale medical students who are interested in the joint-degree program should contact Professor Mayur Desai to discuss their interests in public health and the application process during third year.