CT-RI Public Health Training Center
SAVE THE DATE: Promoting the Public Health Workforce with Community Health Workers
Course Details:Friday, June 21, 2013
Gateway Community College, New Haven, CT
Special Guest Speaker:
Carl Rush, MRP
Community Health Worker Policy and Practice, University of Texas-Houston, Institute for Health Policy.
This symposium will foster a broader understanding of the roles of Community Health Workers (CHW) in implementing public health programs and delivering health services and provide a forum to discuss how the work of CHWs can be expanded in Connecticut.
- Describe how community health workers can be instrumental in ensuring the effective delivery of health services and implementation of public health programs.
- Define the functions that community health workers serve as language, social, and cultural liaisons between programs and organizations.
- Discuss the evidence base supporting utilization of CHWs to improve the health of populations.
- Describe how community health workers may play a role in the changing dynamics around improving health care delivery in the community.
- Identify at least two policy challenges in Connecticut around advancing the Community Health Worker profession in our state.
LOOK FOR REGISTRATION SOON ON CT TRAIN.
For general information, please contact:
Dr. Peggy Gallup, Professor of Public Health
Department of Public Health, Southern Connecticut State University