YSPH Summer Funding Application Overview
January 12, 2015 - YSPH Funding Application goes live in the Student Grant/Fellowship Database
March 25, 2015 - Application Deadline (@1:00 pm)
How to apply?
- Apply via the Student Grant/Fellowship Database
- Search using keyword "School of Public Health". "Yale School of Public Health Summer Internship Awards 2015" is the name of the application.
Summer Funding Application:
- Application Cover Sheet
- Supplementary materials (where requested)
- Faculty Approval Form for Barnett, Hildreth and Stolwijk Funds
- Max 2 pages double spaced (11 or 12 font)
- Aim for Clarity - answer the what/where/when of your project in the first paragraph.
- Be Specific – include project supervisor’s name (preceptor) and evidence that you have been in contact, either through email or phone conversations, with an organization. If a professor has vetted your proposal then make sure and include this information.
- Specify Your Objectives to Academic and Professional Goals - How is the proposed experience relevant to your degree and your post-grad plans?
- Feasibility Factor - Is your proposal doable within the time frame and with the resources you have outlined?
YSPH and Yale funding is intended to help DEFRAY the cost of an UNPAID internship, not take the place of a salary. By submitting a budget you are not guaranteed the full amount. Have a Plan B. See sample budget.
Acceptable line items:
- Transportation to/from internship or research locale
- Immunization fee (if applicable)
- Visa fee (if applicable)
- In-country transportation (only if it’s related to your project, ie: will you be conducting field research?)