Create an original video for a chance to win.
Photo by Jelleke Vanooteghem on Unsplash
- First Place: $2,500
- Second Place: $1,500
- Third Place: $500
- (1) Honorable Mention: $250
- (1) Honorable Mention determined by a Facebook contest: $250
(A panel of judges will determine the winners of the four other prizes.)
How do I enter the contest?
Please submit video files to YaleBox or Google Drive using the following format: FistName_LastName_Title.
- Video length: 90 seconds maximum
- All video formats will be accepted including: WMV, MOV, MP4, MPEG, FLV, and AVI
- Each submitted video must be branded with the Yale School of Public Health wordmark at the beginning and the end.
What is the deadline to submit a video? When will the winners be announced?
- Videos will be accepted starting October 15th
- The deadline is January 15th
- Contest winners will be announced March 25th
How does the Facebook contest work?
Shortly after the deadline, we will create a poll on the Yale School of Public Health Facebook page and share a link to watch the videos. Users will be invited to vote for their favorite. The winner of the Facebook contest will receive an honorable mention prize of $250.
Who is eligible to enter contest?
- All M.P.H., Ph.D. and M.S. students at the Yale School of Public Health. Students may work in teams. Team may include students from other schools at Yale as long as at least one YSPH student is on the team.
Contestants may respond to one of the following two prompts:
- Identify a pressing public health problem in the 21st Century and outline a general solution.
- What is one thing that needs to be communicated to the public in order for us to have better health?
The audience will primarily be the general public or a non-technical audience.
How will the videos be evaluated?
A panel of judges will evaluate the videos based on the following five criteria:
- Does the video adequately articulate the science or research behind the chosen topic?
- Does the video create a sense of urgency and/or explain why the chosen topic is important?
- How well does the video draw in the viewer and keep their attention?
- Originality and innovation
- Overall production quality of the video (including visual and sound elements)
Please contact Elisabeth Reitman.