Health Policy Practicum, HPA 555b is offered to students seeking health administration or policy related careers. Students are individually placed within hospitals and other health care organizations, or in settings where they work on current state and/or local health policy issues with legislators, policy makers, and senior staff, or at non-profit health policy or advocacy groups.
Faculty contact: Health Policy; Shelley Geballe
Examples of Health Policy Projects:
- Diverse Analyses of Key Issues in Connecticut’s Implementation of Federal Health Care Reform (Governor’s Special Advisor on Healthcare Reform)
- Creation of Model Legislation for Connecticut’s Health Care Exchange (Connecticut Senate President Pro Tem)
- Survey of Physician Readiness for Medical Home Implementation (Connecticut Director of Medical Care Administration)
- Analysis of Potential Impacts of Governor’s Proposed Budget and Health Reform Bills on Connecticut’s Medicaid Population (Connecticut General Assembly, Medicaid Care Management Oversight Council)
- Analysis of and Testimony on Proposed Bills Pertaining to Health Insurance Coverage and Rate Reviews (CT Office of the Healthcare Advocate).