Jared Augenstein, Nick DeVito, Christine Dang-Vu, and Laurie Graham (on the left) with Lt. Governor Nancy Wyman are YSPH students in the Health Policy Practicum. They are joined by two students from U Conn in helping to staff and do research for the Governor's Cabinet on Health Reform and Innovation, the coordinating entity for Connecticut's implementation of federal health care reform.
Health Management Practicum, HPA 555a is offered to students seeking health administration related careers. Students are individually placed within hospitals/health care organizations, health technology firms, and others working in the health care space.
Faculty contact: Health Management; Martin Klein
Examples of Health Management Projects:
- Evaluating Wellness Programs (Aetna Enterprise)
- Reconfiguring Yale-New Haven Children’s Hospital Unit (Yale New Haven Children’s Hospital)
- New Business Developments in the Yale-New Haven Hospital Ambulatory Services Division (Yale New Haven Hospital)
- Evaluating Patient Centered Care Initiatives (VA Connecticut Health Care System)
- Launch of Health Matters! Public Health Campaign (City of New Haven)