The following scholarships are awarded by the Yale School of Public Health Admissions Committee to US Citizens and Permanent Residents. No separate application is required except where noted.
All applicants are considered for merit scholarships as part of the admissions process, but you may reference the list below to ensure you highlight any relevant skills or experience in your admissions application.
Who is Eligible: All applicants are considered for merit scholarships.
How to Apply: No separate application is required, but we recommend you review the list of merit scholarships above to ensure you highlight any relevant skills or experience in your admissions application.
Who is Eligible: U.S. Citizens and Permanent Residents may qualify for partial funding from a need-based Grant.
How to Apply: Applicants should submit the FAFSA as soon as possible once it's available October 1. The final deadline to apply for this grant is March 1st.
Notification: If you’ve completed your FAFSA and added Yale’s school code (001426) you will receive emailed notification of Grant eligibility shortly after you are admitted. Returning students will receive notification before the fall term bill.
All students are encouraged to seek funding sources from their employer, alma mater, organizations with which they are affiliated, and via web site searches. See the Grants and Scholarships page for more information on searching for non-Yale resources. Students who receive a full tuition scholarship are not eligible for Scholarships or Grants from YSPH. Students must inform the Financial Aid Office of any outside support, as awards may need to be revised.
In addition to consideration for YSPH financial resources, all students are encouraged to seek outside scholarships from their employer, alma mater, organizations with which they are affiliated, and via web site searches.
While there is no one comprehensive place to find resources for Public Health students, the list below is a good place to start.
Before you begin researching outside resources, be sure to familiarize yourself with the basics of scholarship scams to ensure you’re applying through trustworthy organizations that will keep your information safe.If you know of a great resource you think should be included, or if you have any feedback on the resources listed, let us know by emailing Jennifer.Farkas@Yale.edu.
- US Department of Education Foreign Language and Area Studies Fellowships Program
- Dalai Lama Trust Graduate Scholarship Program
- Ghana Educational Trust Fund
- Fort Atkinson Community Foundation Scholarship
- Segan AmeriCorps Education Award
- US Military Veteran Benefits
- ROTC Scholarships
- Dell Foundation Scholarship
- Coca Cola Scholarship
- CONACYT Scholarship
- Gates Millennium Foundation Scholarship
- Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) Scholarship
- Jessie C. Obert Memorial Scholarship
- Rotary Club Scholarships
- Young Epidemiology Scholars
- China Scholarship Council
- Royal Brunei Armed Forces Scholarship
- Yale Club of New Haven
- Cornell Scott Scholarship Fund at the Community Foundation for Greater New Haven
- Addiction Awareness Scholarship
- Addiction Resource Scholarship
- AEHS Foundation Scholarship
- American Addiction Centers Scholarship
- Avacare Medical Scholarship
- Beauty + Wellness Scholarship
- BestMattressReviews.com Sleep Scholarship
- Bridging the Dream Gradate Scholarship
- Citrix ShareFile Innovation Scholarship
- Connecticut Tour Guide Scholarship
- Design Your Future Scholarship
- Filmora Scholarship
- Fundação Estudar's Scholarship Program
- GateHouse Treatment Essay Contest
- Guttmacher Institute - Cory L. Richards Memorial Scholarship
- International Fellowship Program
- Kass & Moses Defense from Injustice Scholarship
- Kidguard for Education Scholarship Program
- Medical Scrubs Collection Scholarships
- MPower Scholarship
- Murse World Scholarship
- MyCredibleFuture Scholarship
- National Hispanic Health Foundation Scholarships
- PEO Scholarship Programs
- Respshop Scholarship Program
- Science, Mathematics, and Research for Transformation (SMART) Scholarship
- Soros Fellowships for New Americans
- Symptoma Better Diagnosis Scholarship
- Teletrac Navman Scholarship
- The Experiential Leader Scholarship
- United Way Ruth Taylor Scholarship
- Violet and Cyril Franks Scholarship
- Vivian Drenckhahn Student Scholarship
- Zip Recruiter Scholarship