Career Support When You Need It
There is no typical student at the Yale School of Public Health and therefore, there is no typical career path. The YSPH Career Management Center staff is committed to helping our students discover and prepare for individual paths.
Here’s what you can expect from us:
- Expert, individualized career guidance and advice
- Access to a network of Yale public health professionals.
- Latest career management technology to connect you with opportunities to help you research and apply for jobs and internships.
- Intensive professional skills and leadership development
- Assistance with internship and job searching - from planning your search, assembling your resume and professional credentials, to one-on-one counseling and mock interviews.
The Career Management Center offers a wide variety of opportunities to help launch your career, including:
- Weekly Career Talk Newsletter
- Professional Skills Series - interactive training in soft skills such as public speaking, negotiation and networking
- Career trips to New York City and Washington, D.C.
- YSPH Alumni networking events
- University-wide Alumni networking resources
- Recruitment program with national employers such as CVS, Deloitte, the Cleveland Clinic and others
- Templates for resumes and letters
- Mentorship program with YSPH Alumni
- Peer Mentorship with a second-year student in your department
Professional Skills Series
- Learn Resume and Cover Letter Best Practices
- Develop Effective Business Correspondence Techniques and Etiquette
- Acquire Tools for Improving Public Speaking and Presentation Abilities
- Create a Pitch that Tells People about You, Your Interests, and Your Qualifications
- Master the Fundamentals of Informational and Behavioral Interviewing
- Develop Confidence and Comfort in the Interview Process
- Understand Networking and How to Employ it in Your Internship Search
- Establish a Social Media Presence that Represents your Brand
Make an appointment