Tuition and Financial Aid for the Online Executive MPH
Costs and Tuition
Tuition is billed per credit in this 16-credit program. The 2020-2021 rate per credit is $4784. In addition students are charged a Program Fee once a year. The 2020-2021 Program Fee was $525.
Based on the per credit cost, the summer session tuition (2.5 credits) for Year One is $11,960, and the combined fall and spring terms (5 credits) is $23,920, for a total of $35,880. For Year Two, costs will be based on the required 8.5 credits. Please note tuition and fees may increase a small amount each year.
We are pleased to announce that all Executive MPH students who do not receive full tuition funding from an external source will receive a $10,000 scholarship over the two years of the program.
- YSPH scholarships — Online MPH students will receive a scholarship of $10,000 towards the cost of the program. There is no additional application required to qualify for or receive this funding. The scholarship will be applied on a per credit basis—it will be divided equally among the 16 credits
- Tuition benefits and other external funding — If you are working we recommend asking your employer if they have a tuition benefit or tuition reimbursement program. You may also want to explore external scholarship opportunities- start here if you are new to scholarship searches!
- Loans — Part time MPH students must maintain enrollment that qualifies as at least half-time in order to qualify for all federal and most private loans. The online program’s timeline will keep you on track!
- Federal Direct Loans- US Citizens and Permanent residents who complete the FAFSA may be eligible for Federal Direct Loans. YSPH students may be eligible for Direct Unsubsidized Loans for graduate students of $33,000 per year and the Direct PLUS Loan for graduate students if additional loans are required above that amount. Interest can rates found on the Federal Student Aid website. To estimate your monthly payment after your graduate you may use the Federal Student Aid Repayment Estimator.
- Private Loans- All students may be eligible for private loans but you may require (or get a better rate with) a credit-worthy cosigner. You may access a historical list of lenders Yale students have chosen in the past three years through the ELM network.
- Tax Benefits — Please consult your accountant or IRS Publication 970, Tax Benefits for Education for more information about taxes for students.