The following steps are recommendations to help countries implement the BBF process. These were developed by the Yale BBF team and refined based on the pretesting experiences in Mexico and Ghana.
- Identify In-Country Principal Investigator (PI)
- Garner support from key people in government, academia and civil society
- Hire staff
- Identify 10-12 experts to form the BBF committee
See Implementing BBF for more detail on roles and process.
- General description of the gear
- Gear benchmark and examples
- Identification of Available Data template: guide the identification of data (prior to Meeting 1)
- Data Gathering Action Plan: gear teams set out their strategies to gather the remaining information needed to score each benchmark (Meeting 1)
- Data Organization template and Benchmark Scoring Pathways:help organize the information collected for each benchmark and the Scoring Pathways are designed to assist with the actual scoring (Meetings 2 & 3)
- Recommendations for action template: gear teams outline/describe their proposed actions to address the gaps identified for the gear (Meeting 4)