Lectures and Publications
- Extreme discordant sib pairs for mapping quantitative trait loci in humans. Science, 268, 1584--1589, 1995 (with N. Risch).
- Multivariate adaptive splines for longitudinal data (MASAL). Journal of Computational and Graphic Statistics, 6, 74-91, 1997.
- Classification trees for multiple binary responses. Journal of the American Statistical Association, 93, 180-193, 1998.
- Recursive Partitioning in the Health Sciences. Springer, New York, 1999 (with B. Singer).
- Use of classification trees for association studies. Genetic Epidemiology, 19, 323-332, 2000 (with G. Bonney).
- Recursive Partitioning for Tumor Classification with Gene Expression Microarray Data. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA, 98, 6730-6735, 2001 (with Chang-Yung Yu, Burton Singer, and Momiao Xiong).
- Tree-based linkage and association analyses of asthma. Genetic Epidemiology, 21: S317-S322, 2001 (with G. Bonney, C.-P. Tsai, and C.-Y. Yu).
- Cell and Tumor Classification using Gene Expression Data: Construction of Forests. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA, 100, 4168-4172, 2003 (with C.Y. Yu and B. Singer).
- Identification of linear directions in multivariate adaptive spline models. Journal of the American Statistical Association, 98: 369-376, 2003 (with C.-Y. Yu, H.T. Zhu and J. Shi).
- A latent variable model of segregation analysis for ordinal trait. Journal of the American Statistical Association, 98: 1023-1034, 2003 (with R. Feng and H.T. Zhu).
- Hypothesis testing in mixture regression models. Journal of the Royal Statistical Society - Series B, 66: 3-16, 2004 (with H.T. Zhu).
Download the mathematical details.
- A diagnostic procedure based on local influence. Biometrika, 91: 579-589, 2004 (with H.T. Zhu).
- Linkage analysis of ordinal traits for pedigree data. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA, 101: 16739-16744, 2004 (with R. Feng and J. Leckman).
- Detection of genes for ordinal traits in nuclear families and a unified approach for association studies. Genetics,172, 693-699, 2006 (with X. Wang and Y. Ye).
- Generalized score test of homogeneity for mixed effects models. Annals of Statistics, 34, 1545–1569, 2006 (with H.T. Zhu).
Download the mathematical details.
- Statistical Analysis of Diffusion Tensors in Diffusion-weighted Magnetic Resonance Image Data (with discussions).
- Journal of the American Statistical Association, 102, 1085–1102, 2007 (with H.T. Zhu, J.G. Ibrahim, J.G., and B. Peterson).
- A forest-based approach to identifying gene and gene-gene interactions. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA, 104: 19199–19203, 2007 (with X. Chen, C.-T. Liu, and M. Zhang).
Perturbation selection and influence measures in local influence analysis. Annuals of Statistics, 35: 2565–2588, 2007 (with H.T. Zhu, J.G. Ibrahim, S.Y. Lee).
- Joint Modeling of Time Series Measures and Recurrent Events and Analysis of the Effects of Air Quality on Respiratory Symptoms. Journal of the American Statistical Association, 103: 48–60, 2008 (with Ye, Y., Diggle, P., and Shi, J.).
- Diagnostic measures for empirical likelihood of general estimating equations. Biometrika, 95: 489–507, 2008 (with Zhu, H., Tang, N.S., Ibrahim, J.G.).
- An Association Test for Multiple Traits Based on the Generalized Kendall's Tau. Journal of the American Statistical Association, 105: 473–481, 2010 (with Liu, C.T., Wang, X.Q.).
- Propensity Score-Based Nonparametric Test Revealing Genetic Variants Underlying Bipolar Disorder. Genetic Epidemiology, 35: 125–132, 2011 (with Jiang, Y.).
- Nonparametric Covariate-Adjusted Association Tests Based on the Generalized Kendall's Tau. Journal of the American Statistical Association, 107: 1–11, 2012 (with Zhu, W.S., Jiang, Y.).
- Multiscale adaptive marginal analysis of longitudinal neuroimaging data with time-varying covariates. Biometrics, 68: 1083–1092, 2012 (with Skup, M., Zhu, H.).
- The Screening and Ranking Algorithm to Detect DNA Copy Number Variations. The Annals of Applied Statistics, 6: 1306–1326, 2012 (with Niu, Y.).
- Genetic association test for multiple traits at gene level. Genetic Epidemiology, 37: 122–129, 2013 (with Guo, X., Liu, Z., Wang, X.).
- Simulating realistic genomic data with rare variants. Genetic Epidemiology, 37: 163–172, 2013 (with Xu, Y., Wu, Y., Song, C.).
- Multiple Change-Point Detection via a Screening and Ranking Algorithm. Statistica Sinica, 23: 1553–1572, 2013 (with Hao, N. and Niu, Y.S.).
- Robust Variable Selection with Exponential Squared Loss. Journal of the American Statistical Association, 108: 632–643, 2013 (with Wang X., Jiang Y., Huang M.).
Letrozole versus Clomiphene for Infertility in Polycystic Ovary Syndrome, New England Journal of Medicine, 371: 119–129, 2014 (with Reproductive Medicine Network).