Sample Letter: Informational Interview Request
Sample Letter: Informational Interview Request 2
Sample Letter: Thank You Note
- Sample Letter: Thank You Note 2
- Be brief! The people you contact are busy professionals so introduce yourself and clearly state the reason for contacting the recipient.
- Pay attention to what you put in the “Subject” line; it is the first thing that the recipient will read
- Don’t send your email as an attachment only - most people are hesitant to open attachments from someone they don’t know. It is advisable to have the body of the email mirror the text in the attachment.
- If you are unsure of what tone to use when crafting a letter, always err on the side of being a little more formal.
- How to address recipients:
Correct: Dear Mr. Pearson, Dear Ms. Applebaum
Incorrect: Dear Mr. Gary Pearson, Dear Ms. Janet