Admissions Frequently Asked Questions
Who should attend?
- Are you a state or local public health worker, health educator, policymaker, environmental health professional, government official, clinician, advocate, or otherwise working in an area impacted by climate change? We created this program for you.
What are the admissions requirements?
We will review the following when making admissions decisions:
- CV or resume.
- A statement of purpose on how the program will enhance applicant's professional development.
What educational and professional background should applicants have?
- Participants may vary in their educational levels. They may already hold a graduate degree or undergraduate in public health or a related field, or may not have an educational background centered in public health.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English is essential for participation in the program.
Are there any prerequisite requirements?
- No, there are no prerequisite requirements.
I am not a U.S. citizen or permanent resident. Can I apply?
- Yes. The program is fully online. Therefore students outside the U.S. are eligible to enroll in the program.
Do I need to submit standardized test scores?
No, you do not need to submit standardized test scores to apply to the program.
What is the admissions deadline?
- The application deadline is September 3, 2019. However, admissions decisions will be made on a rolling basis until the cohort is full.
When will admissions decisions be made?
- Admissions decisions will be made on a rolling basis, with an application deadline of September 3, 2019. Applicants will be notified of their admissions status on or before September 6, 2019. Once the program is full, we will not accept additional participants, but will add names to a waiting list.
If I'm admitted to the program, what do I need to do to confirm my acceptance and complete my registration?
To confirm your acceptance and complete your registration on or before the payment deadline of September 10, 2019, you will need to:
- Complete the program enrollment form
- Submit payment for the program
Are scholarships or discounts available?
- Yes, please review the Scholarship and Tuition Assistance section of our program costs page for all the details.
Can I take a single course instead of the entire certificate?
- Yes, if the certificate program is not filled to capacity, there will be spaces available to single course takers. To be considered for enrollment in a single course, please complete the program application and indicate which course(s) you would like to take. Please note that priority for admission will be given to applicants who intend to complete the entire certificate program.