Upon receiving an M.S. degree Public Health with a concentration in Chronic Disease Epidemiology, the student will be able to:
- Explain and apply the terminology and definitions of epidemiology.
- Evaluate the scientific merit and feasibility of epidemiologic study designs.
- Describe the epidemiology of common chronic diseases.
- Synthesize information from a variety of epidemiologic and related studies.
- Design epidemiologic studies at an intermediate level.
- Analyze data and draw appropriate inferences from epidemiologic studies at an intermediate to advanced level, using a variety of analytical tools including multivariate logistic regression, Poisson regression, linear regression, and survival analysis.
- Write an NIH-type epidemiologic research proposal.
- Identify, interpret, and use routinely collected data on disease occurrence.
- Review, critique and evaluate epidemiologic reports and research articles at an intermediate level.