Climate Change and Health
YCCCH funds summer internships related to climate change and health, with priority given to MPH students in the Climate Change and Health Concentration, followed by Student Associates. Applications will re-open in Spring 2021.
Past internship projects and partner organizations include:
- Connecticut Department of Public Health. Project: A Survey of Cooling Station Practices in Connecticut and Local Indicators of Climate and Health
- The Science Based Targets Network. Project: Building partnerships to reduce GHG emissions from food companies in China
- WE ACT for Environmental Justice. Project: Cooling Center Audit
- Yale Equity Research and Innovation Center. Project: A Plan to Reduce Non-Communicable Disease-Related Morbidity and Mortality After Natural Disasters
You can find interviews with our Summer 2020 interns, who worked with the Connecticut Department of Public Health, WE ACT for Environmental Justice, and Yale’s Equity Research and Innovation Center on the YSPH news site.
- Yale School of Public Health MPH students
- Current YCCCH Student Associates
This is a two-stage application process.
Stage 1: Stage 1 applications will re-open and are due in Spring 2021.
- Stage 2: Those students matched with a YCCCH internship will be invited to apply for YCCCH internship funding to cover their expenses. Specific application information will be provided when notified about the internship matching outcome. However, students also are encouraged to apply for internship funding from other sources since not all matched internships may be able to be funded through YCCCH.
Contact Dr. Laura Bozzi, YCCCH Director of Programs.