2019 Internship Slideshows
- Uzma Amin worked at the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) as a healthcare experience design intern within the Center for Excellence in Primary Care (CEPC).
- Downs Fellow McKenzie Colt worked on pharmacokinetic study looking at the safety and interactions with an extended exposure to malaria medication in both HIV infected and HIV uninfected children.
- Nicolas worked in operations in many departments of the medical center.
- Nükte Goc interned with YSPH's Global Health Leadership Institue on the Expanded Program on Immunization Leadership and Management Program (EPI LAMP).
- Tiffany Hu interned with National Committee for Quality Assurance in their Performance Measurement team within their Quality Measurement and Research Group
- Jing Jing worked in marketing for uniQure, a gene therapy pharmaceutical company.
- Harry Hyunteh Kim studied behavioral and environmental factors that may be tied to risk factors for hookworm infection in rural, agrarian Ghana.
- Lisa Michaels worked with the consulting firm, Deloitte, in strategy and operations.
- Emily Miron interned in the Community Health Department at Yale New Haven Health System.
- Adam J. Moore collected and processed samples for a malaria study in Senegal with the Institute Pasteur.
- Ria Rungta worked as a Social Impact and Innovation Intern at a non-profit startup called Ignite Mental Health.
- Bethany Sanchez worked on an air quality study in Beijing.
- Peiyuan Sun did environmental-related research at the Maternal and Child Health Care Hospital in the Shunyi District of Beijing.
- Nkandu Yumbe's research in Barbados examined Intimate Partner Violence, Colorism and Stress Coping.
Kevin Zheng worked on a study to identify metabolites associated with the risk of developing Type 2 diabetes in HIV patients.