Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get my research publicized?
Send a copy of your pending research paper as early as possible (more than a month before publication is not too soon) In turn, we will:
- Discuss appropriate placement and develop a draft article/release
- Give the draft to you for review prior to release
- Distribute the article to all or some of the venues discussed previously
- Work with you to coordinate any press interviews
How do I get my event photographed?
- If the communications staff is covering your event, we will provide photography or hire a photographer. For other events, we can refer you to reliable freelance photographers.
How do I get my event listed on the flyerboard in the lobbies of 60 and 47 College?
- Events on the flyerboard are pulled from the School's online calendar. See calendar instructions
How do I get a headshot taken?
Faculty photoshoots are scheduled several times a year through the YSM Communications office. Contact email@example.com to be notified the next time there is a shoot.
Do I need photo releases to use photos on my website?
In order to display images on your site, you must have permission from the people who are photographed. Verbal and/or written permission given by the subject at the time of photography is fine, unless the subject is a patient in which case a HIPAA Media Release form must be signed by the patient.
How do I get an event live streamed?