Saskia Comess takes full advantage of Yale's open campus.
Jan A. J. Stolwijk Fellowship
The Stolwijk Fellowship is annually awarded to any 1st year MPH student to support a summer research project or internship related to environmental health sciences.
The fellowship was established to honor the life and work of Dr. Jan A.J. Stolwijk Ph.D., Professor Emeritus and former Chair of Epidemiology and Public Health. Dr. Stolwijk is known for his contributions to environmental policy and risk management and particularly for his work on thermophysiology and indoor air quality.
Since 2000, this fellowship has funded 82 students (with representation from each YSPH department) for an average award of $2,779.
The Stolwijk Fellowship provides support for projects that explore innovative and creative approaches to environmental public health issues, in particular:
- Hypothesis-driven research
- Field experience or experiential learning project
- Environmental health policy or applied intervention project
Students apply for the Stolwijk Fellowship through the Yale Grants & Fellowships database. Search for “Yale School of Public Health Summer Internship Awards” and continue through the application process. When prompted, select “Yes” for Stolwijk.
Deadline for applying: March 29, 2019.
Important Dates - Spring 2019
- Sunday, March 24, 2019 – Deadline for pre-application review by Dr. Priscilla Canny, Lecturer in Epidemiology and former Assistant Dean at YSPH, and member of Stolwjik Fellowship Committee. Submit a near-final draft application by 11:59 pm March 24 to Priscilla.email@example.com for pre-review. Pre-review is optional but highly recommended.
- Tuesday, March 26, 2019 – Dr. Canny will be available between 1:30-5:00 pm at 60 College Street (LEPH 513) 5th floor conference room for half-hour meetings with applicants to offer feedback on applications. Email Dr. Canny to schedule a time.
- Friday, March 29, 2019 - Final applications are due at 1:00 pm. Applications can be found on the Yale Grants and Fellowships database.
- Friday, April 5, 2019, 10:00 am - 2:00 pm – In-person interviews with the Stolwijk Fellowship committee for selected applicants.
- Early April 2019 – Stolwijk Fellowships winners announced.