Global Health/Tropical Diseases
Work in the Department of Epidemiology contributes to the School's commitment to improve health across the globe. Our faculty are world leaders in the transmission and prevention of HIV/AIDS research across the globe. Our modeling faculty has had impact on the ebola crisis, cost-effective distribution of vaccines and other medicines for resource poor nations.
EMD researchers specialize in many other tropical diseases, including vector-transmitted diseases such as malaria, zika, leptospirosis, leishmaniasis, human African trypanosomiasis.
Student Resources and Centers
- Global Health Concentration
- Down's Fellowship
- Center for Interdisciplinary Research on AIDS - CIRA
- Fogarty Training Programs
- Global Health Equity Scholars
- Yale Institute for Global Health
- YLS-YSPH Global Health Justice Partnership
- China Health Network at Yale
- Yale Africa Initiative
- Yale Collaborative Action Project
EMD faculty projects around the world.