The following are the core competencies specific to the MPH in Health Care Management at the Yale School of Public Health, taught in conjunction with the Yale School of Management:
- Evaluate health care financing, regulatory and delivery systems.
- Conduct financial analyses, including reading and analyzing financial statements.
- Utilize statistical analysis skills to conduct health systems and policy research.
- Apply management problem-solving skills to improve functioning of organizations and agencies in health systems.
- Apply operations management concepts to address organizational performance issues in health service organizations.