Upon receiving a PhD degree, students in HPM will be able to:
- Develop and test hypotheses and conceptual frameworks related to health policy, health economics, and management issues
- Evaluate research literature and evidence from a diversity of disciplinary perspectives
- Frame novel research questions related to health policy, health economics, and management
- Design and conduct advanced, original research in health policy, health economics, and management .
- Apply advanced research methods to design, conduct, and interpret independent research projects.
- Present research findings orally and in writing to colleagues and professionals on national and international levels.
- Teach master’s level courses in health policy and management.
- Employ principles of research ethics to specific research projects.
- Generate data to create publishable manuscripts that represent important contributions to the literature in health policy, health economics, and management.