GHLI in Rwanda
GHLI partners with universities across the U.S. to support the Rwandan Ministry of Health's Human Resources for Health Program (HRH). Representing a new model for global collaboration, HRH aims to build the capacity of Rwandan universities and teaching hospitals for a sustainable pipeline of health care professionals to meet the country's health care delivery needs. This work brings together clinical faculty from various specialties to develop more effective residency programs at the National University of Rwanda and associated teaching hospitals. GHLI serves as the lead partner in healthcare management, providing mentorship in the development of management systems and structures at the country's key teaching hospitals, and establishing an MHA degree program at the Rwanda School of Health Sciences for hospital and health care executives.
- A Case Study and the Lessons Learned from In-House Alcohol Based Hand Sanitizer Production in a District Hospital in Rwanda. A. Budd, S. Lukas, U. Hogan, K. Priscille, K. Fann, P. Hill, N. Edouard, J. B. Byukusenge, N. Placide, M. Aimable and R. Wong; Journal of Service Science and Management 2016; 09:150-159.
- Establishing a tracking system in human resources department to improve the completeness of personnel files at a district hospital in Rwanda. C. Ibyimana, R. Wong, E. Adomako, S. Lukas, F. Birungi and C. Munyanshongore; Journal of Hospital Administration 2016; 5:
- A quality improvement project to reduce intravenous catheter related infections in the neonatology unit of Kibogora hospital in Rwanda. J. P. Nsengiyumva, R. Wong, E. Adomako, V. Pawelzik, J. Yerger, E. Uwitonze, D. Nsabimana, S. Etherngton, D. Mukamusoni and L. Nyirazinyoye; Journal of Hospital Administration 2016; 5:
- Special Issue: Improving hospital management capacity in Rwanda, an example of higher education in a low income country. R. Wong, E. Bradley, J. Mantopoulos, E. Linnander, J. Kagwiza and E. Adomako; On the Horizon 2016; 24 (4):
- Improving Clinical Documentation through Monthly Audits in Butare Teaching Hospital, Rwanda. J. Kamanzi, A. Megentta, W. Nsabiyumva, A. Sendegeya and R. Wong; Journal of Service Science and Management 2015; 08:860-867.