Research & Publications
Mahnoosh (Mona) Sharifi, MD, MPH is a general pediatrician and health services researcher in the Section of General Pediatrics. She completed residency in the Boston Combined Residency Program in Pediatrics and fellowship in the Harvard Pediatric Health Services Research Fellowship Program, through which she obtained her MPH at the Harvard School of Public Health. Her research is focused on improving decision-making in pediatric primary care to promote health behavior change, prevent chronic disease, and reduce health disparities. Specifically, Mona studies the effectiveness, cost-effectiveness, and implementation of novel primary care based interventions for childhood obesity and tobacco smoke exposure that leverage decision support delivered to clinicians via the electronic health record and to patients and families via remote and mobile technologies. She joined the faculty in 2016.
Education & Training
- MPHHarvard School of Public Health, Quantitative Methods (2012)
- MDVanderbilt School of Medicine (2007)
- BSEmory University, Biology and Economics (2002)
- Harvard Pediatric Health Services Research/General Academic Pediatrics Fellowship ProgramBoston Children's Hospital
- Boston Combined Residency in PediatricsBoston Children's Hospital and Boston Medical Center