When the novel coronavirus known as COVID-19 first appeared in late December 2019, scientists at the Yale School of Public Health responded immediately in shaping the worlds’ public health response. Our experts in transmission, genetics, vaccines, social behaviors, modeling, health policy and global health and justice not only have been at the forefront of scientific discovery, but they have made it a priority to inform the public through media appearances, op ed pieces, town halls and other forums.
As this historic pandemic unfolds in real time, our work at the Yale School of Public Health has never been more relevant or impactful.
Practice-based research and initiatives
Centers and other resources
- Yale COVID-19 Collaboration (Research, Clinical & Data Driven Responses to COVID-19)
- Volunteering for YSPH Students
- Center for Infectious Diseases Modeling and Analysis
Community Alliance for Research and Engagement
- CT Emerging Infections Program
- Global Health Justice Partnership
- Public Health Modeling Unit
- Yale Center for Climate Change and Health
- Yale Institute for Global Health