Yale Graduate Students in Public Health
Designed for masters-level students who have completed first-year coursework, this full-time, 10-week internship provides exposure to real-world health sciences research, and to the day-to-day role of the biostatistician/consultant in an academic environment. The program satisfies the summer internship requirements for the M.P.H. and M.S. degrees (EPH 520c, BIS 695c).
The internship experience:
- Assist biostatisticians in collaborating and consulting with investigators.
- Prepare data for analysis, conduct data analyses, calculate sample size, and prepare tables, graphs, and reports.
- Develop scientific writing and oral presentation skills, produce a manuscript-style write-up, and prepare an oral presentation.
- Serve as teaching assistant for a fast-paced, 2-week introductory biostatistics course taught by YCAS faculty and staff.
- Participate in staff meetings, and research design and analytics consultation clinics.
- Attend individual and group supervision, and lunchtime discussion groups.
- BIS 623a. Applied Regression Analysis.
- At least one of the following: BIS 625a. Categorical Data Analysis; BIS 628b. Longitudinal and Multilevel Data Analysis; BIS630b. Applied Survival Analysis.
- Intermediate SAS skills.
- BIS 540a. Fundamentals of Clinical Trials and CDE508a. Principles of Epidemiology I are helpful.
- Knowledge of R is a plus.
Send cover letter, curriculum vitae, and first semester transcript to email@example.com by March 1.