For Graduates of Young Scholars Biostatistics and Medical Research Summer Program
This program offers students who have successfully completed Young Scholars the opportunity to:
- Stay connected with the program
- Acquire leadership skills
- Further develop biostatistical and programming skills
- Learn more about study design and methods.
Specific peer mentor responsibilities include:
- Co-lead a pre-program “Meet and Greet” session
- Serve as team leader for a group of 4-5 Young Scholars
- Serve as a teaching assistant for biostatistics and programming labs
- Assist the Young Scholars with their research projects
- Administer pre- and post-program surveys to Young Scholars and their parents; and data enter, summarize, and interpret the results of those surveys.
This is a month-long commitment. It begins one week before the start of the two-week Young Scholars program and continues for at least one week after the program concludes.
In addition to program-related responsibilities, peer mentors will be able to shadow our biostatisticians, and sit in on research and design clinics, analytic clinics, and consultation sessions.
To apply: Contact Lisa Calvocoressi, PhD., Program Director