Education; Lyme Disease; Investigative Techniques; Pediatrics; Vaccines; Case-Control Studies; Infectious Disease Medicine; Translational Medical Research
The effectiveness of vaccines in clinical practice; Prevention, diagnosis and treatment of Lyme disease; clinical epidemiology; case-control studies
Specialized Terms: Vaccines; Lyme disease; Epidemiology of infectious diseases
Extensive Research Description
Clinical epidemiologic research on the effectiveness of vaccines, prevention, diagnosis and treatment of Lyme disease.
Management of patients with medically unexplained symptoms presenting as Lyme disease;
- Feder HM Jr, Johnson BJB, O’Connell S, Shapiro ED, Steere AC, Wormser GP, et al. A critical appraisal of “Chronic Lyme Disease.” N Engl J Med 2007;357:1422-30
- Wormser GP, Dattwyler RJ, Shapiro ED, et al. The clinical assessment, treatment and prevention of Lyme disease, human granulocytic Anaplasmosis, and Babesiosis: Clinical practice guidelines by the Infectious Diseases Society of America. Clin Infect Dis
- Vázquez M, LaRussa PS, Gershon AA, Niccolai LM, Muehlenbein CE, Steinberg SP, Shapiro ED. Effectiveness of varicella vaccine over time. JAMA 2004; 291:851-855.
- Shapiro ED. Case-control studies of the effectiveness of vaccines: Validity and assessment of bias. Pediatr Infect Dis J 2004;23:127-31.
- Vázquez M, LaRussa PS, Gershon AA, Steinberg SP, Freudigman K, Shapiro ED. Effectiveness of Varicella Vaccine in Clinical Practice. N Engl J Med 2001;344:955-60.
- Seltzer EG, Shapiro ED. Misdiagnosis of Lyme disease: When not to order serologic tests. Pediatr Infect Dis J 1996;15:762-763.