2015 Summer Internships
- Becky identified and evaluated public health nanotechnologies and biotechnologies developed by organizations across Asia and the Pacific.
- Courtney worked with a team of MPH students to conduct a community-based survey to identify and assess the nutritional status of children on the Samoan island of Upolu.
- Soledad conducted a cross-sectional study of Brucellosis and Q fever among livestock with the Ministry of Public Health in Thailand.
- Shaylen conducted research on the reproductive health experiences of female sex workers in Malaysia.
- Mike interned at the Food and Drug Administration’s Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition.
As an intern at the Public Health Foundation of India Girish, worked on addressing urban health and universal health coverage.
- Adedotun conducted qualitative research on the experiences of Ghanaian men who have sex with men living with HIV/AIDS in Accra.
- Tolulope worked with several teams at the national strategic communications and public affairs firm, Jarrard Phillips Cate & Hancock Inc.
- Lia implemented a study at La Asociación Civil Impacta Salud y Educación, Peru’s largest non-governmental organization dedicated to clinical, biomedical and public health research related to HIV/AIDS and other sexually transmitted infections.
Etna planned and implemented a research project on food insecurity along the coast of Ecuador with a team of Yale College students.
- Zhen worked at the Environmental Health Center in Cluj-Napoca, Romania on a metals exposure assessment project in communities surrounding mining areas in the Apușeni Mountains of Transylvania.