Online Executive MPH
The Executive MPH is an innovative program that blends comprehensive online education with in-person management and leadership training on the Yale campus, creating a unique and powerful educational experience. Taught by top faculty from the Yale School of Public Health and elsewhere, and employing state-of-the-art tools and technology, the program aims to train professionals who seek to acquire a strong public health education, advanced training in their area of interest, and hands-on public health and leadership training.
Designed from the ground up for working health professionals, the program provides extensive training in leadership and management, a broad foundation in public health, specialized knowledge in areas critical to health promotion and disease prevention, and a year-long integrative experience that enables students to apply what they have learned to a real-world public health problem.
The two-year, part-time program is open to students with:
- A bachelor’s degree and at least four years of relevant work experience, OR
- A master’s degree and at least two years of relevant work experience, OR
- A doctoral (or international equivalent) degree in a field related to public health (e.g., physicians, dentists, podiatrists, pharmacists, veterinarians, attorneys, and those with a doctorate in the biological, behavioral, or social sciences)
The program offers four tracks:
- Health Informatics
- Environmental Health Sciences
- Applied Analytic Methods and Epidemiology
- Critical Topics in Public Health
All students are required to select one track when applying. You may also select a second track upon enrollment or combine courses from the remaining tracks as electives in order to meet the six-course requirement.
This program is currently only open to students who will be residing in the United States while participating in the program.